Pages

Genres:

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Excision - Live At The Oakdale

        They told me to prepare for battle.  They told me to prepare for war.  But they underestimated Excision's Execution Tour.  We all did.

        Twenty-one hundred hours. March 13th, 2013.  We stood silently in our trenches in the dark venue, awaiting for the enemy to arrive.  We had been told at boot camp we were prepared; we had trained for this.  But no amount of training could have prepared us for the onslaught we were about to witness.
        I heard the first explosion about ten feet in front of me.  My rib cage shook.  Some of my men wanted to retreat.  There was a moment of shell-shock.  My ears defended and my vision blurred.  And this was just the first wave...just the opening act.  He called himself Vaski and his tracks blew me away.  His dubstep mixes combined grimy bass, the best of electronic dance and slight influences of prog rock. I managed to film a little of the assault.  The cacophony literally blew the microphone on my camera.



        As Vaski left the stage, he thanked us for being decent victims.  One last blast from the subwoofers and his blitz had ended.  There we were, back in our silent trenches.  Now our eyes had widened.  "I can handle another round," I thought to myself, stupidly.  Little did I know, Excision brought his secret weapon.
        As the house lights rose, a large white sheet dropped from the backdrop of the stage, revealing a massive tank covered in projector screens.  Two massive towers of subwoofers stood on either side, his main weapon for the impending death march.  I found myself covering a young girls ears and grimacing as the first drop shook my bones.  Now we were at war.  Now the beat had consumed us... and there was nothing else to do but join the slaughter.


     An unnamed soldier next to me actually dropped to the floor during a remix of Two Chainz 'I'm Different', only to have his body thrown above the crowd and passed around like a holy rag doll.  Another soldier cleared a small circle in the crowd during the slow build in the track 'Execute'.  Once the drop hit, he flipped his body into the air, completing a perfect backflip, landing squarely on his feet.  Immediately his body slammed against the beat while his fellow soldiers rushed in.  The open circle caved in and a light moshpit briefly formed.
     As the night ended it was evident that I was officially deaf.  My comrades seemed exhausted as they trudged back to the evacuation point.  "Best show I've seen at the Oakdale," I thought to myself, before laying down in the back seat of our transport, waiting to return to home base.  "Maybe even the best dubstep show I've seen in Connecticut."

1 comment:

  1. In addition, they don’t restriction the number of iwc replica uk which in turn his or her buyers will use. Consequently using UnoTelly you'll be able to simply enjoy endless videos along with broadcast tv which enable it to hear the endless volume of music on the favourite National internet sites not having your rate lessen as well as with no iwc replica sale block via assistance. In case you look at these positives you'll be able to in a short time discover why many people are generally checking out UnoTelly so as to gain access to a common National internet sites no matter what land that they stay in. Rolex designer watches are created, built, along with designed to very last a long time, along with just for this simple fact, the market industry pertaining to pre-owned Rolexes has not been recently steamy. In fact, similar to a lot of goods that get breitling replica sale after a while to get the most beneficial with their variety, there isn't a stigma that come with getting along with buying a pre-owned Rolex. Men and women throughout the world love to affiliate them selves using brilliance this also features built discovering a new applied as well as pre-owned Rolex a obstacle throughout right now? ersus market place. On the other hand, the actual in the search for merely enhances delight on the win involving obtaining a pre-owned fake breitling since good quality can be amazing. Here are several tricks for obtaining a pre-owned Rolex watch out for anyone as well as someone close: 1) Take some time - There are several okay along with respected jewelers who may have local companies, and also on-line rolex replica sale, whom will assist you to as part of your hunt for the ideal pre-owned Rolex.

    ReplyDelete